Common irritable Bowel syndrome (IBS)symptoms
You may be wondering what is IBS?
The main symptoms of IBS:
- stomach pain or cramps – usually worse after eating and better after doing a poo
- bloating – your tummy may feel uncomfortably full and swollen
- diarrhoea – you may have watery poo and sometimes need to poo suddenly
- constipation – you may strain when pooing and feel like you cannot empty your bowels fully
What can trigger IBS symptoms-
- There may be days when your symptoms are better and days when they’re worse (flare-ups).
- They may be triggered by food or drink.
- Stress and anxiety can also trigger symptoms
Other symptoms of IBS
IBS can also cause:
- farting (flatulence)
- passing mucus from your bottom
- tiredness and a lack of energy
- feeling sick (nausea)
- problems peeing, like needing to pee often, sudden urges to pee, and feeling like you cannot fully empty your bladder
- not always being able to control when you poo
Hypnotherapy has proven to be very effective in helping the individual to overcome many difficulties in their lives and in my experience is very effective in releasing the individual from most discomforts including the symptoms of IBS.
I have been working for many years, helping clients overcome the discomfort of this debilitating disorder, with great results. Balancing mind and body and relaxing the tension within. Creating harmony both inside and out for a more peaceful, healthy and happy life.
There has been a greater acceptance of mind- body approaches in the psychology field over the years, much research has revealed the beneficial effects of psychological techniques being utilised within the therapeutic sessions, behavioural patterns, cognitive processing.
Diaphragmatic breathing, eye movements, acupressure and virtual reality enhances therapeutic outcomes and are now at long last being recognised as effective treatments by the World Health Organization.